Fire & Smoke Damage Cleanup
Complete Restoration & Cleaning Services has certified, trained and experienced Technicians to help you through a devastating Fire, Smoke, or Water loss in your home or business. We are an IICRC certified firm for Fire & Smoke restoration clean up.
- Emergency Board-ups
- Tarping of roofs
- Pack outs
- Water Cleanup & Structural Drying
- Structural Cleaning
- Contents Cleaning
If your property has been damaged by a fire and has suffered from smoke damage and odor, it is critical to contact a company that specializes in the Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration cleanup process as soon as possible to prevent additional damage – Time is of the Essence – smoke residue is highly corrosive and can ruin anything with enough time & strength.
Our Emergency Fire Damage Process includes:
- Available to respond 24 hours / 7 days a week
- Provide for the Safety and Health of Workers and Occupants
- Assessment of damaged property, pretesting to determine what is restorable and providing estimates
- Smoke Odor Removal – Air purification begins immediately.
- Dehumidification and Water Extraction / Cleanup if needed resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Categorize contents and provide careful removal of contents, clothing, electronics, appliances, furniture, personal and sentimental belongings. Identify Salvageable, Non-salvageable and Questionable contents.
- Personal items – If there are any guns, ammunition, jewelry, valuables, heirlooms etc. on the property, we would ask that you please remove such items prior to us beginning the work. We can assist you with getting those items documented and cleaned.
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from all structural surfaces including floors, walls, ceilings, windows, etc. utilizing our specialized cleaning methods and equipment.
- Clean, deodorize and sanitize salvageable contents to a pre-loss condition.
Knowing what type of fire / smoke occurred is crucial to determining our cleaning method:
- Dry Smoke Residue – High-Oxygen, fast burning fires at a high temperature. Produces a dry, powdery residue. Paper & Wood
- Wet Smoke Residue – Low-Oxygen, smoldering fire with low heat. Produces a greasy, wet, sticky residue which can cause discolorations and corrosion of metals. Candles (synthetics) give of a soot that is attracted to metals such as screw heads. Plastics & Synthetics
- Protein Residue – Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
- Petroleum (Fuel Oil) Residue – Commonly referred to as a furnace “puff back” causes a fuel oil soot. This can be relatively sticky and difficult to clean.
- Fire Extinguisher Residue
You have a voice and a choice….Please know that you have the right as an insurance policy owner to hire any company that you feel most comfortable with and who you feel will be the most professional, knowledgeable, thorough and take the most pride in their work and represent you throughout an insurance claim process. You may have to act fast due to an unexpected catastrophe on your property, but be careful of who you are letting onto your property and ask them questions, ask for valid references and make sure they are certified. Our priority is to clean up your property thoroughly and quickly as possible so that you can have your property back in order as soon as possible.
We will work with you and your insurance company through out the project. We use the latest software version of Xactimate, so we can send Estimates, Photos, Documentation of entire project directly to the assigned insurance adjuster which makes the claims process and the communication more efficient.
Please call us with any concerns that you may have so that we can assist you and point you in a more healthy direction!